We had violin institute for a week in June. I love institute and how it energizes the kids...mostly my daughter. This year she improved immensely, but then lost it about 2 weeks later by refusing to practice, and I was just tired of fighting her. She is doing better again, but not like she was in June at Institute.

We had a full schedule this year. She took an art class for fun, and Zach was able to go on her last day and participate with her there. They both had lots of fun with that.

She had amazing teachers.
We had a full schedule this year. She took an art class for fun, and Zach was able to go on her last day and participate with her there. They both had lots of fun with that.
The day Zach came they designed frisbies and got to toss them around outside. The big project was a rain stick (see below).
I am happy that she is learning a musical instrument. I think it is so important. I wish I would have stuck with the instruments I started out with so many years ago. Piano, Violin and Guitar... Yip can't play any of them.
Ali with her friend Tyler who she met last year at institute (2008) -
They had almost identical schedules in the same classes together.
One of the highlights of her week was to meet Jenny Oaks Baker in person. Alicyn had to buy one of her cd's and have her autograph it. She is so talented and nice. Ali told me "Mom, if I can get a picture with her, I will just die, I am such a fan!" I laughed to myself.
5 comments:
Ali's lucky to have such a supportive mama! Looks like you were up super late blogging away--so dedicated! Love you!
In Ali's defense, it is so hard to practice on your own. Its easier when you are around a bunch of kids who motivate you to be your best so you're not the one missing the notes and squeaking. This from a former musician who hasn't touched her horn since the last day of band almost 10 years ago. :)
You are such a wonderful mama. How fun is it that you sent Ali to the arts institute. I bet Zach didn't mind playing around on that last day. The kids are getting so big, and they are so cute. You can tell they really love each other. I'm sure that makes you very happy. :)
Love to all of you!
Ade, I was actually working on a report for work and the last 10 minutes before bed I decided that my much neglected blog needed a face lift. I need to do better, it sure helps me keep track of the things my kids do and I don't forget as much.
Michelle, I miss you! Hope you are fabulous, and we can catch up with each other one of these days.
Yay Ali! Institute is so great. Let's get back on track - you're doing better the last couple of weeks! Keep working hard and you'll be so glad you did! :)
I love that Zach could go have some fun with her. Isn't it so great that they're such good friends?!
Post a Comment