I love my country! I am so blessed to live in the United States of America! When I lived in Argentina, and have visited Chile, Peru, Mexico, Honduras... I have always wondered why my Father in Heaven sent me to live in the United States, and have the opportunities and privileges that I have when others deserve it just as much??
We had a fun 4th of July and again more fun with family and friends. What a great holiday to celebrate and remember why we are so fortunate. I am truly grateful for those before us who established the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, along with other important issues and freedoms. For those who have fought so bravely now and in the past, so we can be free and live how we choose. I feel so much for those who live under a dictatorship and don't have the freedoms we have. How Sad! I hope they one day can experience life as we have.
We started off our celebration on Thursday, Zach had his 5 year old check up and is just in perfect health. When he was 5 months old he contracted the chicken pocks. He was not immunized at 1 year since he had had the disease. Well in talking with our doctor she said that it would be good to give him a booster because we are not sure how well his body at that young age would have gotten the antibodies. So he started his day with a shot in the arm. He then went to work with me for about 4 hours and we had a good day together.
After work we went to the Riverton Parade, and the Riverton Park. I told the kids they could have $10 each to play and they decided to go on a few of the carnival rides. They had a fun night with their cousins. The next morning my sister's Adrienne and Andrea ran the Riverton 10k. My mom told us the night before that anyone who came to watch the race, she would buy them breakfast at the park. I asked the kids if they wanted to sleep in or get up at 6:00 to go and watch the race and eat breakfast....they opted to get up, and were excited about it. I wish it were that easy every morning, especially after a late night. So we went back to the park to cheer on the runners in the wee morning. Andrea & Ade did a great job! Zach helped himself to the banana's they had for the runners to eat. Have to get that potassium back.
While at the park we watched a portion of the ATV rodeo and walked around looking at the booths a little. The ATV rodeo was pretty funny, they did competitions that my sisters and I all did growing up - except we were on horses of course. Brett is the one that heard the revving engines and gravitated that way so we followed. He was a good sport at the parade in 103 degree heat, so we went to check out the fun in the dirt with him. We got back home at about 10:00 am, just in time to see the Army plane fly right over our house. After that we went to my sister Hilerie's (Kenny) house for a BBQ. Dave and I decided to take the kids to the Riverton park once again for the fireworks. They were amazing, lasting almost 40 minutes and they had what seemed like 3 finales, until the real one came along and it was fantastic. The whole sky was lit up and it was great! We were able to sit by our friends and neighbors Mary & Tyler Fuller & family - who I grew up with in my home neighborhood. Zachary fell asleep before the fireworks were over and we thought it was funny that he could sleep with all that racket and booms. Alicyn fell asleep in the car before we made it home, after all they did wake up at 6:00am to cheer on the aunts.



2 comments:
what a fun and busy day! i echo your sentiments on how lucky we are to live here!
rhonda
ditto, ditto, ditto!!! You have had a fun july so far! Can't wait to see what's up next!
Post a Comment